Buildjournal Tuning Labs is proud to present our new B-Spec Tune for the BMW E46 M3. This E46 M3 E-Flash tune is an off-the-shelf (OTS) configuration made suitable for most environments. B-Spec Tune will deliver a smooth power band all the way to redline while improving engine performance over stock. Included with the tune, there are 20+ free add-on features for you to select including an Exhaust Backfire Burble Tune, disabling CEL for those going aftermarket headers, 6MT launch control and more. This E46 M3 tune works for any 2001-2006 BMW E46 M3 including SMG and 6MT transmissions with or without catalytic converters.
If you follow the Coding and Tuning section on M3Forums, you’ll realize that these “tunes” are available for you to create yourself, but coding is no easy task. As tuning enthusiasts and E46 M3 owners, we’ve played around with tunes. A lot. And we’re helping you tune your car, digitally.
- Up to 15 whp / 10 wtq gains over stock baseline tune
- Up to 30 whp / 15 wtq gains over stock baseline tune with catless
- Remove CEL for catless exhaust setups
- 20+ free add-on features
- Optimized for US 91 to 93 octane
- Improved driveability & powerband
- Launch Control
- Raised Idle to reduce NVH for Solid/Poly Motor Mounts applications
- Tuned VANOS, knock sensors, fuel, ignition and more
- Software available for both US and European specification cars
- Occasional flames with Buildjournal Exhaust Backfire Burble Tune add-on
- Safe and will not overheat the car (ensure proper cooling system)
For a full description of each B-Spec E46 M3 tune add-on feature and what it does, check out ECUWorx’s website. In addition, we have two exclusive throttle remapping features that are not on the list:
- Valet Mode – Overrides your ‘Comfort’ Mode (Sport mode off) to limit peak power and acceleration. Ideal use case is to drive normally with the ‘Sport’ button on and turn it off for Valet Mode situations.
- Sport Enhanced Mode – Overrides your ‘Sport’ Mode (Sport mode on) with our custom linear-throttle remapping. This add-on feature gives you a more consistent feel to the throttle press.
Please note if you want to add or remove exhaust backfire burble features after your initial purchase, we will charge a $20 re-tune fee.
Our B-Spec E46 M3 tune is done via E-Flash. This is a 3-step process that is done via online file transfer from anywhere in the world. You send us your bin file. We create the tune. You flash. This method requires an FTDI based OBD2 diagnostic cable and a laptop. See our store page for a referral link to buy a BMW K+DCAN OBD2 cable. Detailed E-Flash instructions below.
Step 1 – Send us your bin.
- Extract your current bin file using BMWFlash. Read our DIY here: How to Extract & Flash BIN File with BMWFlash
- Take a screenshot of your current ECU/DME logs. Read our DIY here: How to Read & Diagnose Check Engine Light via BMWLogger
- Upload both the extracted bin (zipped) and screenshot of your logs to us
Step 2 – We tune.
No steps necessary here!
Step 3 – You flash.
- We will send you a new bin file
- Flash your new bin file using BMWFlash. Read our DIY here: How to Extract & Flash BIN File with BMWFlash
|Catless 6MT||Catless SMG||Catted 6MT||Catted SMG|
|DISABLE CAT EFFICIENCY DTCS||X||X|
|DISABLE SAP / COLD START||X||X|
|DISABLE SAP DTCS||X||X|
|DISABLE CSL INTAKE FLAP DTCS|
|DISABLE REAR O2 DTCS||X||X|
|155 MPH LIMITER REMOVAL||X||X||X||X|
|6MT SHIFT LIGHTS||X||X|
|EWS DELETE + EWS TAMPERING DTC DELETE||*||*||*||*|
|DISABLE CAT PROTECTION||X||X|
|DISABLE EGT MONITORING||X||X|
|DISABLE ‘105’ DTC FOR MOTORSPORT THERMOSTAT||*||*||*||*|
|SPORT ENHANCED MODE||X||X||X||X|
|MEMORY SPORT MODE||X||X||X||X|
|SMG FINAL DRIVE SWAP||*||*|
|SMG INERTIA UPDATE||X||X|
|CSL SMG SHIFTING / REV MATCHING||X||X|
|WARM UP LIGHT RECALIBRATION||X||X||X||X|