Buildjournal Tuning Labs is proud to present our new B-Spec Tune for the BMW E46 M3. This E46 M3 E-Flash tune is an off-the-shelf (OTS) MAF based tune configuration made suitable for most environments. B-Spec Tune will deliver a smooth power band all the way to redline while improving engine performance over stock. This E46 M3 tune works for any 2001-2006 BMW E46 M3 including SMG and 6MT transmissions.
If you follow the Coding and Tuning section on M3Forums, you’ll realize that these “tunes” are available for you to create yourself, but coding is no easy task. As tuning enthusiasts and E46 M3 owners, we’ve played around with the parameters and tables. A lot. And we’re helping you tune your car, digitally.
- Up to 15 whp / 10 wtq gains over stock baseline tune
- Up to 30 whp / 15 wtq gains over stock baseline tune with aftermarket header
- Error code free for aftermarket header/section 1
- Can accommodate secondary air pump delete, EGT sensor removal, rear o2 delete
- 16+ free add-on features including the Exhaust Backfire Burble Tune
- Optimized for US 91 to 93 octane
- Compatible and tested with Advanced Fuel Dynamics Proflex Commander Flex Fuel Kit
- Improved driveability & powerband
- Improved throttle response
- Launch control
- Raised Idle to reduce NVH for Solid/Poly Motor Mounts applications
- Quiet Start
- Sport DSC remap
- Tuned VANOS, knock sensors, fuel, ignition and more
- Software available for both US and European specification cars
- Safe and will not overheat the car (ensure proper cooling system)
- Free updates with email registration
For a full description of each B-Spec E46 M3 tune add-on feature and what it does, check out ECUWorx’s website or email us at [email protected] for a list of recommended add-ons for your setup. In addition, we have a couple of features that are not on the list:
- Valet Mode – Overrides your ‘Comfort’ Mode (Sport mode off) to limit peak power and acceleration. Ideal use case is to drive normally with the ‘Sport’ button on and turn it off for Valet Mode situations.
- Sport Enhanced Mode – Overrides your ‘Sport’ Mode (Sport mode on) with our custom linear-throttle remapping. This add-on feature gives you a more consistent feel to the throttle press.
- Sport Plus Mode – All the features of Sport Enhanced plus some additional torque management changes and WOT map changes.
- Raised Idle – Reduces NVH for those who are running poly or solid motor mounts
- Sport Fan Curve – Rescaled the curves that determines the auxiliary fan functions for better cooling during idling
- Ignition Cut Off – When your car hits the rev limiter, on the stock ECU there are 2 stages of cutting power. First is fuel cut and the second stage is ignition cut. Fuel cut results in slower pickup in power vs ignition based cut off.
- Sport DSC Tune – Similar to M-Track Mode, sport DSC Tune will override stock MK20 DSC parameters and ignition cut off so it is less intrusive during spirited driving.
Addition or removal of most add-on selections are free. A re-tune fee of $20 will only apply for the following changes as they require more time:
- Add/Remove aftermarket headers/section 1
- Existing customers who did a SMG to 6MT swap will need to re-tune for the new 6MT
- Interchange between Launch Control and Dyno Mode
- Add/Remove Exhaust Backfire
- Add/Remove Valet Mode
- Remove Sport DSC Tune
If you need a re-tune for the above changes, you will need to submit a B-Spec Re-tune Order. For all other add-ons, email [email protected] with your existing order # and a list of what add-ons you would like changed.
Our B-Spec E46 M3 tune is done via E-Flash. This is a 3-step process that is done via online file transfer from anywhere in the world. You send us your bin file. We create the tune. You flash. This method requires an FTDI based OBD2 diagnostic cable and a laptop. See our store page for a referral link to buy a BMW K+DCAN OBD2 cable. Detailed E-Flash instructions below.
Step 1 – Send us your bin.
- Extract your current bin file using BMWFlash. Read our DIY here: How to Extract & Flash BIN File with BMWFlash
- Take a screenshot of your current ECU/DME logs. Read our DIY here: How to Read & Diagnose Check Engine Light via BMWLogger
- Upload both the extracted bin (zipped) and screenshot of your logs to us
Step 2 – We tune.
No steps necessary here!
Step 3 – You flash.
- We will send you a new bin file
- Flash your new bin file using BMWFlash. Read our DIY here: How to Extract & Flash BIN File with BMWFlash