This is a must-update for all E46 M3 SMG owners who don’t want the engine performance benefits from our B-Spec Tune, but want the SMG transmission tune. You may have experienced sluggish shifting or odd gearbox behavior with your SMG transmission. With the Buildjournal E46 M3 SMG Transmission Tune Software you can gain all the benefits similar to an E46 M3 CSL gearbox which enables CSL SMG Shifting, Downshift Rev Matching, and SMG Inertia Update.
For a full description of each E46 M3 SMG Transmission Tune Software add-on feature and what it does, check out ECUWorx’s website. In addition, we have two exclusive throttle remapping features that are not on the list:
- Valet Mode – Overrides your ‘Comfort’ Mode (Sport mode off) to limit peak power and acceleration. Ideal use case is to drive normally with the ‘Sport’ button on and turn it off for Valet Mode situations.
- Sport Enhanced Mode – Overrides your ‘Sport’ Mode (Sport mode on) with our custom linear-throttle remapping. This add-on feature gives you a more consistent feel to the throttle press.
Our E46 M3 SMG Transmission Tune Software is done via E-Flash. This is a 3-step process that is done via online file transfer from anywhere in the world. You send us your bin file. We create the tune. You flash. This method requires an FTDI based OBD2 diagnostic cable and a laptop. See our store page for a referral link to buy a BMW K+DCAN OBD2 cable. Detailed E-Flash instructions below.
Step 1 – Send us your bin.
- Extract your current bin file using BMWFlash. Read our DIY here: How to Extract & Flash BIN File with BMWFlash
- Upload the extracted bin (zipped) to us
Step 2 – We tune.
No steps necessary here!
Step 3 – You flash.
- We will send you a new bin file
- Flash your new bin file using BMWFlash. Read our DIY here: How to Extract & Flash BIN File with BMWFlash